Buying a HomeShare
Buying a home, even a fractional interest in a home, is a big and important decision that shouldn’t be rushed or done without carefully understanding each and every detail of the transaction.
The Smarter Second Home
HomeShares' brilliant 1/5th fractional ownership plan allows for all the benefits of your dream vacation home without wasteful spending or headaches.
Does this sound like you? You've been dreaming of a second home but you don't want to feel tied down to the full-time responsibility of taking care of a second property. Maybe, you've been shopping around but you've been disappointed with how far your money will go, especially since you'll only use the home sometimes. You want a home that feels like your retreat you can use often, but you don't want to feel guilty taking a trip someplace else from time to time.
HomeShares is the smart ownership solution for anyone looking for a balance between the hassles of fully owning a second home and the uncertainty and expense of constantly renting. Our 1/5th ownership shares reduce the cost of owning, while giving you as much time in your home as most people want to use. We save you the time and hassle of managing your property so all that's left for you is to enjoy it.
Top 10 Reasons
- You want a nice vacation home but think it’s too expensive to purchase outright.
- You’d like to have a larger and nicer home than you otherwise might be able to afford.
- You’d prefer to share the annual operating costs and taxes of maintaining a mountain home.
- You recognize that you want a second home to occasionally escape to, not to be there all the time.
- You want to be able to travel other places without feeling guilty.
- You want someone else to professionally manage the home and all the details for you.
- You prefer to be in a home that’s well located or closer-in than you might otherwise afford.
- You have other uses for the money you’d be saving by not buying an entire home yourself.
- You recognize that fractional are the best balance for your budget, your time, and your life.
- You’re very pragmatic, and play well with others.
How to Get Started
Looking to buy a HomeShare? browse our inventory and let us know which property you're interested in. Looking to turn the home you own into a HomeShare? Contact us to list your home.
Our team will be in touch to answer all your questions, show you the home, and guide you through the entire process from the legal to the logistical.
HomeShares uses a rotating draft system designed for optimal results. Homeowners can also trade weeks as often as they like.